Is it possible to delete old stocks?

Discussions specific to Windows version of AceMoney
Post Reply
Gillyches
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Is it possible to delete old stocks?

Post by Gillyches »

Hi!
I've been using AceMoney for a long time and during that time I've bought and sold many stocks... the current number is 133.

However, when I'm updating prices the download is taking ages and the former links I used no longer work so I get the message: Failed (click to see why)

So, is it possible to somehow remove the record of the old shares in order to speed up the process, please?

Kind regards,

Gillyches
User avatar
RLebeau
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 am
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to delete old stocks?

Post by RLebeau »

You can't delete an Investment that has transactions recorded.

However, you CAN stop downloading prices for an Investment, eg because you sold all of your shares of it. Right-click on the Investment, choose Edit, and uncheck the "Automatically download quotes" checkbox.

Also, you can hide Investments that have no shares. Go into the "Tools > Options" menu, and uncheck the "Show sold stocks" checkbox.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software

User of AceMoney since 2004.
Gillyches
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: Is it possible to delete old stocks?

Post by Gillyches »

Ah…thank you. A pity really because I’ve got 135 old stocks and even though they’re not being updated it takes ages to go through the whole list to complete the download price process.
User avatar
RLebeau
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 am
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to delete old stocks?

Post by RLebeau »

Like I said, you CAN stop it from downloading prices for Investments that you don't want prices for anymore.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software

User of AceMoney since 2004.
Post Reply