Google Account Settings - AMR

Discussions specific to Android version of AceMoney Receipts

Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby WirezFree » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Hello,

On the Android device.
Under settings -> Accounts and sync

The account which is to be used for AMR
The "Sync Settings"
Which items should be enabled[ticked] :?:

Is it Sync Internet [X] and Sync Picasa Web Albums [X]

What to minimise items enabled[ticked], just for added security.

Thanks
David
Regards - David

AceMoney User - 2009
WirezFree
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Cheshire - UK

Re: Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby alexp » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Both can be disabled if you want.
The Google account is used only for authenticating to Web Picasa, but there is no need to sync anything.
Regards,
    Alex P.
    MechCAD Software
User avatar
alexp
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby WirezFree » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:31 pm

alexp wrote:Both can be disabled if you want.
The Google account is used only for authenticating to Web Picasa, but there is no need to sync anything.


Hi Alex,

Many thanks for the almost instant response, O.K on settings.

So do I assume that the AMR data is transfered and hosted else where, not in Google cloud?

Thanks
David
Regards - David

AceMoney User - 2009
WirezFree
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Cheshire - UK

Re: Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby alexp » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 pm

WirezFree wrote:
alexp wrote:Both can be disabled if you want.
The Google account is used only for authenticating to Web Picasa, but there is no need to sync anything.


Hi Alex,

Many thanks for the almost instant response, O.K on settings.

So do I assume that the AMR data is transfered and hosted else where, not in Google cloud?

Thanks
David


Correct
Regards,
    Alex P.
    MechCAD Software
User avatar
alexp
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby WirezFree » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:46 pm

alexp wrote:
WirezFree wrote:
alexp wrote:Both can be disabled if you want.
The Google account is used only for authenticating to Web Picasa, but there is no need to sync anything.


Hi Alex,

Many thanks for the almost instant response, O.K on settings.

So do I assume that the AMR data is transfered and hosted else where, not in Google cloud?

Thanks
David


Correct


Hi Alex,

Can you say where that is?
At MechCad or Some other provider?

I have to assume it is secure, but interested to know?

Thanks
David
Regards - David

AceMoney User - 2009
WirezFree
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Cheshire - UK

Re: Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby alexp » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:51 pm

It is in AceCloud, which is based on AWS
Regards,
    Alex P.
    MechCAD Software
User avatar
alexp
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby WirezFree » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi Alex,

Amazon, Thanks
Regards - David

AceMoney User - 2009
WirezFree
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Cheshire - UK

Re: Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby RLebeau » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 pm

alexp wrote:It is in AceCloud, which is based on AWS


In that case, what is the point of AMR using Picasa at all? Perhaps for uploading snapshot pictures? But if that feature is disabled, then can AMR be configured to not use Google at all, and thus not need a Google account?
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software

User of AceMoney since 2004.
User avatar
RLebeau
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 am
Location: California, USA

Re: Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby sege5641 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 am

I don't think they can decide where they wanted the information to be stored during the creation of the program.
sege5641
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:56 am

Re: Google Account Settings - AMR

Postby RLebeau » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:24 pm

I would still like to know how AMR uses Picasa and why creating an account on it is needed when installing AMR for the first time, per the Getting Started instructions.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software

User of AceMoney since 2004.
User avatar
RLebeau
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 am
Location: California, USA


Return to AceMoney Receipts for Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron